Summary of 19th session of the AER Working Group F «Nuclear Fuel Cycle Prospective and Sustainability»
28th Symposium of AER on VVER Reactor Physics and Reactor Safety (2018, Olomouc, Czechia)
Spent fuel disposal and actinide transmutation
Blandinskiy V., Dudnikov A. (NRC Kurchatov Institute)
19th session of the AER Working Group F – «Nuclear Fuel Cycle Prospective and Sustainability» was held by National Research Centre “Kurchatov Institute” in Moscow, Russia, 23 – 26 of July, 2018. 21 participants from Czech Republic, Hungary, Russian Federation and Slovak Republic introduced and discussed 16 reports. These reports cover a variety of topics, including:
- Nuclear energy system structure for sustainable development;
- Advanced VVER nuclear fuel cycles;
- REMIX-technology for VVER closed nuclear fuel cycle
- Nonelectric application of nuclear power and synergy with non-nuclear power technologies;
- Burnup code verification on the basis of irradiated VVER-440 fuel benchmark;
- VVER spent nuclear fuel management strategy;
- Nuclear fuel cycle simulation.
The next 20th session of the AER Working Group F – «Nuclear Fuel Cycle Prospective and Sustainability» is planned to organize in July 2019, Moscow, Russia.